CEDoW Environmental Education Grants
CEDoW's Environmental Education Grants aim to support Diocesan school communities in their journey of ecological conversion, assisting schools in specific environmental projects that are strategically planned for and connected to each school’s SEMP (School Environment Management Plan).
These grants support schools to continue to, in the words of Pope Francis, "care for our common home" with "simple daily gestures which break with the logic of violence, exploitation and selfishness, [and] actions that seek to build a better world".
Key aspects of the Environmental Education Grants are:
- Grant amount available is up to $2,000
Please note, this grant cannot be used for grounds and facilities maintenance that would normally be covered by SEDSO
- Any costs for the project that exceed $2,000 are covered by the school
- In 2022, 10 grants were awarded to 10 schools (7 primary schools, 2 secondary schools and 1 K-12 school)
Grant Project Examples
For more information on the successful applications and their outcomes, view our:
• CEDoW Environmental Education Grants 2022 Overview and Evaluations Report
• CEDoW Environmental Education Grants 2021 Overview and Evaluations Report
• CEDoW Environmental Education Grants 2020 Overview and Evaluations Report
• CEDoW Environmental Education Grants 2019 Overview and Evaluations Report
• CEDoW Environmental Education Grants 2018 Overview and Evaluations Report
Read our case study from St Michael's Thirroul - they used their Environmental Education Grant to purchase bins and equipment to implement a new school-wide waste management system, with great success! The school won a Wollongong City Council 'Rise and Shine Environment Award' for their fantastic campaign to streamline their waste management, increase their recycling and composting, and reduce the rubbish they sent to landfill. Read more here.
The Wollongong Environment Network (WEN) is an initiative of the Catholic Education Office that aims to support school communities to respond to Laudato Si’ and implement environmental stewardship and sustainability.
Find your school's WEN Contact in our WEN School Contact Directory.