Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong (CEDoW) is offering a significant number of SCHOLARSHIPS TO YEAR 12 STUDENTS IN OUR CATHOLIC SCHOOLS intending to pursue undergraduate courses in teacher training.
These scholarships are for current Year 12 students in our Catholic schools who intend to commence specific undergraduate courses in teacher training:
- Primary Education; or
- Secondary Teaching across any STEM related subject areas.
WHAT’S ON OFFER FOR RECIPIENTS?
- A significant number of scholarships awarded each year
- A total benefit of $20,000 distributed over a 4 year period, sponsored by CEDoW (subject to satisfactory academic progress)
- Conditionally Permanent Teaching position in the diocese upon completion of the course
- Additional annual financial contribution towards living away from home costs where applicable
- A possible offer of classroom School Support Officer employment during 4 years of university study
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Are completing or have completed the HSC in a CEDoW school and have attained, or expect to attain, an ATAR of 80 or above in their HSC;
- Are applying for entry into a Bachelor of Education Primary teaching; or a Bachelor of Education Secondary teaching in Science, Technology or Maths specialisation);
- Intend to complete their tertiary studies at a Catholic university (note this is essential for Primary degrees, preferred but not essential for Secondary); and
- Are committed to teaching in Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong for a minimum period of 3 years following successful attainment of a Bachelor of Education.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Ask your Careers Advisor for an application form or contact CEDoW via Sherryn Moore at ITE@dow.catholic.edu.au
2. Return the completed form to the CEDoW office by end of WEEK 1, TERM 4.
3. Those shortlisted will be required to attend an interview. (HSC results, when released and available, will also be taken into consideration.)