Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong (CEDoW) is offering a number of 'Step into Teaching Scholarships' TO YEAR 12 STUDENTS IN OUR CATHOLIC SCHOOLS who intend to pursue undergraduate courses in teacher training.
These scholarships are for current Year 12 students in our Catholic schools who intend to commence specific undergraduate courses in teacher training in either:
- Primary Education; or
- Secondary Teaching across any STEM related subject areas.
WHAT’S ON OFFER FOR RECIPIENTS?
- A significant number of scholarships awarded each year to students who will become a part of our 'Step Into Teaching' Scholarship Program;
- A total benefit of $20,000 distributed over a four (4) year period, sponsored by Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong (subject to satisfactory academic progress);
- Opportunity for indentured conditionally permanent teaching position in the diocese upon completion of the course;
- Additional annual financial contribution towards living away from home costs where applicable; and
- A possible offer of classroom School Support Officer employment during four (4) years of university study.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Are completing or have completed the HSC in a CEDoW school and have attained, or expect to attain, an ATAR of 80 or above in their HSC;
- Are applying for entry into a Bachelor of Education Primary teaching or a Bachelor of Education Secondary teaching (in Science, Technology or Maths specialisation) or majoring in RE at either Notre Dame or ACU;
- Intend to complete their tertiary studies at a Catholic university (note this is essential for Primary degrees; preferred but not essential for Secondary degrees);
- Are prepared to sign a 'Step Into Teaching' Scholarship Agreement if deemed to be a successful candidate; and
- Are committed to teaching in Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong for a minimum period of three (3) years following successful attainment of a Bachelor of Education.
HOW TO APPLY
2. Return the completed form to the CEDoW office by end of WEEK 10, TERM 3.
3. Applicants submit their HSC results by the end of the first week of January.
4. Those shortlisted will be required to attend an interview. (HSC results, when released and available, will also be taken into consideration.) *Conditions apply.