Key COMPETITION Dates 2022
- Creation of Artworks at School: Throughout Term 3
- Artworks due by Week 9, Term 3:
• 5:00pm on Thursday, 15 September 2022 to Emmaus Centre (5 Allman St) Campbelltown OR
• 4:00pm on Friday, 16 September 2022 to The Annexe (65-67 Burelli St) Wollongong
- Shortlisting of Artworks: Monday, 19 September 2022 (Week 10, Term 3)
- Installation of Artworks: Tuesday, 4 October 2022 (Student Vacation Period)
- Exhibition Opening Night: Wednesday, 12 October 2022 (Week 1, Term 4)
- Exhibition Open to The Public: Wednesday, 5 October 2022 – Friday, 28 October 2022* (Term 4)
*NB: Exhibition CLOSED Thursday, 6 October 2022 – Friday, 7 October 2022
Diocese of Wollongong Exhibition Opening night
The 50 artworks that are judged to have best responded to the criteria will be exhibited at the Wollongong City Art Gallery.
Presentation of awards and the official opening of the exhibition will be held on Wednesday, 12 October 2022 from 5pm–7pm at the Wollongong City Art Gallery.
Artworks chosen for submission into the Sydney Archdiocese Exhibition held later in the year at Notre Dame University, will be announced at the Wollongong Exhibition Opening Night and major awards will be presented, including the Bishop’s Choice Award and the Director’s Christmas Story Award. A number of awards for Highly Commended artworks will also be presented.
DIOCESE OF WOLLONGONG EXHIBITION
The Exhibition to display our diocese's top 50 artworks will be held at the Wollongong City Art Gallery this year.
The Exhibition will be open to the public from Wednesday, 5 October 2022 – Friday, 28 October 2022* at the Wollongong City Art Gallery.
*Please Note: Exhibition is CLOSED from Thursday, 6 October 2022 – Friday, 7 October 2022.
Students, families, staff and the community are invited to visit and view the students' artworks on display during opening hours.
Sydney Archdiocese Christmas Story Art Exhibition and Competition
All artworks selected to represent the Diocese of Wollongong for the Sydney Archdiocese Exhibition will be displayed in Sydney (venue and date TBA).
Prizes in the Sydney exhibition will include the Archbishop's Choice Trophy, Executive Director’s Trophy, Spirit of Christmas Trophy, Artistic Achievement Trophy, Notre Dame Trophy and Student’s Choice Award.
All successful exhibitors eligible for prizes will be notified through their schools. Their invitations to the official opening of the exhibition in Sydney will include family members and school staff.
See a collation of CEDoW students' winning entries from previous years of the Sydney Archdiocese Christmas Art Competition & Exhibition.
For further information please contact either:
Back to Christmas Story Art Competition main page